enough to let me go

Lately I've been listening to the new Relient K and Switchfoot albums on repeat. On my latest listen, I fell in love with the song "Enough to Let Me Go."

Part of the reason is, the lyrics speak a truth that resonate with me, especially these days when I feel like I understand so little about this world and my part in it.

The chorus that persists through the song is "Do you love me enough to let me go?"

This helps me understand God's love a little more. His love is a little bit of faith poured into us, trusting us enough to let us go if we want, but also to let us fall for Him if that is what we want. It's the strongest sense of free will - it's the heart of a father that loves the prodigal son so much that he will let go and wait no matter how long it takes, no matter how much it hurts.

I just wanted to say that because I wanted to reassure myself that there is still an ounce of sensible thought left within me.

1 comment: