big deals

So many of the things that I say are subconscious. I have little "filler" phrases that I use whenever people say stuff to me and I don't know what to say back.
For example:

Person: "Hey, Chris, what was that all about?"
Chris: "Thank you very much."

Makes no sense at all, which is why sometimes I have to hit myself and remember to think before I talk.

One of those phrases is "It's no big deal," or sometimes, "It's good," or even "It's fine," or "It's cool." I say it nonchalantly all the time, but I realize when someone does something wrong and makes a mistake it's fine to say it, but when someone genuinely does something hurtful, sometimes you do need to acknowledge it hurt - but you should still forgive. Instead of "It's no big deal," it should be, "I forgive you."

The words you speak out of habit are the words that show the person you are. Thoughtful people speak thoughtful words.

0 comments: