poetry

In many ways... expressing and breaking down our walks with God into formulas and theology may sometimes be helpful in understanding God, but they will never fully be able to express God's love for us. Maybe sometimes, we just need to know that the God we know and love is a God of not only logic and philosophy but a God of mystery, a God of spirituality, and a God of beauty.
Sometimes... we just need poetry.

Shrouded and concealed,
Is the One who knows us all.
Mystery surrounds Him,
Curiosity is what calls me,
And love is what keeps me whole.

Like a tenderly-loving parent,
He implores me not to go there,
Not to set foot in the trap,
Knowing where it will lead,
Knowing of my own demise.

But I ignore, I despise
Words of love, acts of meaning
For though I know deep within my heart
He would never lie...

Yet I still want to do it myself.
So I approach the burning flame.

My fingers enter the fire cautiously,
Unknowingly, thinking that it's not too bad...
But I venture too far....

I am scorched! I am burnt!
I am wounded! I am pained!
I cry out in tears,
I ask, "Why didn't you stop me?"

He runs to me,
He grieves with tears and pity in His eyes,
A love so tender, a love so pure,
He takes care of my burns,
No words spoken, no anger, no reproaches.

I sullenly sit by the fireplace,
Blaming it all on Him,
Asking why He would let me do such a thing...
But I start to question myself.

Here I am, a child lost in my own world,
Ultimately helpless, completely lost.
He pats me on the back,
And says three words I can't forget,
"I love you."

No matter what I say,
No matter what I do,
No matter who I blame,
Those words come back to me, again and again.

And as I look up to the skies

Blended blues and grays sink through my eyes,
Into my mind, into my thoughts,
But into my heart? Not as much.

To know that He cares,
That I'm worth more than I make myself
That nothing I can do or say
Will change the value He holds in me...
I'm priceless.

So, as they say:
I'm lost in wonder, lost in love..
Lost in praise forevermore.
Because of Jesus' unfailing love,
I am forgiven,
I am restored.

0 comments: