the simple things

It's really the simple things that matter. There shouldn't be priorities in my head. Whether or not I want it to be true, I always set things above another... There's church, then there's academics, then there's keeping in shape, then there's people. Oh, how difficult it is to keep it under control.

I need to understand that I'm in the right place at the right time. God is sovereign. My job is to make the most of it. I can't save the world, but every second, I can change it.

So the simple things are the things that matter: the humidity in the air that reminds me that I am but a lowly human being that will eventually melt, the joy that comes from spending time with family and friends, music that reminds me that all we need is love, and the small things we get to do to make this world a better place while we're here.
Not duties. Never duties.

0 comments: