dilemmas

Often life doesn't just give you lemons. It gives you lemons and something-not-so-quite-as-sour but something bitter (like aspirin when it melts in your mouth). So when life gives you either lemons or crushed aspirin, what do you choose?

It's like the way I feel today. The upper part of my normally good leg has bruised and swollen to the size of an exceptionally elongated seedless watermelon, while the leg that usually is dragged along for the ride, my tumor-infested left, is the stronger of the two. Normally simple actions, like putting on my pants or getting off the bus, have become complex decisions - which leg do I attempt to put down first to minimize the pain?

Life is a series of choices. Often two distasteful ones. But who says I deserve lemonade, right?

Sometimes the easier choice isn't the right one. That's the heart of sacrifice.

1 comment: