give a little bit

Heh. Lest I fall into the trap of judgmentalism and arrogance again, I have to remind myself time and time again that we only know what love is because Christ died for us while we were still sinners.

That means, for me, that people are to be loved regardless of what's going on in their lives. I'm not supposed to tell them what's all wrong with them (maybe sometimes). I'm supposed to intercede, and let Christ's love in. Not hinder it with all my lectures about what's right.

Lately, I've been feeling so good and excited about everything that I'm scared when the bomb is going to hit and take me down again. But if it means anything, I hope to let my reluctance be revealed, because then I know that I'm depending on God and not my own strength (which is oh, so easy to do). When the end of this week comes around, I want to know that everyone I know and meet deserves nothing, just like me. They need to hear the gospel of life, of love, the only thing that will ever matter for eternity.

0 comments: