brace yourself...

I was super tired today. At one point I fell asleep on the bus on what was definitely a 20-second nap, and when I opened my eyes, everyone was getting off. I was confused. That describes most of my day... and yet, tired as I might be, it ended on a good note during LIFE group after a Bible study that I stumbled through in a stupor...

This is my prayer for the next few weeks:
Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. Then I will teach your ways to rebels, and they will return to you...
You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer one. You do not want a burnt offering. The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God. Look with favor on Zion and help her; rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. Then you will be pleased with sacrifices offered in the right spirit - with burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings. Then bulls will again be sacrificed on your altar.
- Psalm 51:12-13, 16-19 (NLT)
The theme of this semester has definitely been "living sacrifice" (Romans 12:1) for me. And as Christ works in me "to will and to act according to His good purpose" (Philippians 2:13), I pray He'll teach me to obey Him, to make His ways known to rebels, and to return them to Him. To be used for His glory like that.

And this psalm we read at the end of LIFE group today just seems to tie it all together. In spite of all the "you don't know what you're asking for"s I've gotten from people, I've been sensing and praying for brokenness. God will not reject a broken and repentant heart. And that's exactly the kind of living sacrifice I want to be.

Make it happen, God.

2 comments:

  1. LEGIT THESE DAYS LEARNING ABOUT DAVID HAS BEEN SO GOOD.

    Psalm 51... word

    good stuff, good stuff, praise God

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog surfing and hit your blog. What a great reminder and encouragement. Went to school in Chicago and remember many times as a student needing a nap on the bus. Thanks, Jackie

    ReplyDelete