art

As a kid, I was one of those semi-slow kids who never really got ahold of his motor skills. I think art is the one class I consistently didn't get A's in until I hit high school and I realized you didn't have to shove the pencil as hard as possible onto the sheet... Art is a cruel reality.

As I created messes on paper, I don't think that in any way made my parents less proud of my artwork. On an objective scale, perhaps my masterpieces would warrant a 0.1 out of 10 (a 15 out of 10 on a scale for abstract and/or modern art), but that didn't stop my mom from telling me how awesome my drawings were. No matter how many jagged lines there were and no matter how many times I ripped holes in my papers because I didn't know how to wield my pencil, (and no matter how many times my evil art teacher gave me Bs and Cs), my art was still framed.

I don't know why I try so hard. Life is art, and as I mess up and color outside the lines once in a while, God loved me no less to send His Son. Wow.

0 comments: